Monday, December 29, 2008

CPS Challenge 97


Well I am trying to end the year the right way, SCRAPPING!!! I took a look at the sketch for this week and thought it looked like SOOO much fun I ran to my crafty room and made the yellow owl card. Then I came back and looked at the sketch again and realized I got a little off track (a good excuse to make another card using the sketch). I love these sketches from CPS!!!
Anyway... if you haven't noticed I got a Cuttlebug for Christmas (Thank you Mom!!!) So for the blue card, I used my new toy to emboss the saying and the circles. I lightly rubbed some Brillance pearl blue over the blue embossed cirlces and Brillance pearl silver over the saying. The saying is on a very light blue paper from Hobby Lobby, it has little white swirls in it but the picture didn't pick them up. All of this is on white card stock with embossed cirlces lightly inked with the pearl blue also. The blue ribbon is something I had in my stuff that I have been collecting for the past ?? years. LOL
The yellow card turned out a whole lot better than I thought it would. The whole time I was making it I just didn't feel like it was working. But after I got it all put together and put the Coffee Stickles on as the border, PRESTO!!! I liked it. I used a soft yellow cardstock and used Brillance olive green and rust to ink the little leaves/branches and to edge the scallops. The sunflower paper is from Hobby Lobby, stamps are from Michaels. I raised the scalloped circle in the center to give it a little dimension, the picture doesn't show this well.

No comments: